Will my partner be jealous if I breastfeed?
Should your partner be jealous when you breastfeed baby?
- If you prepare him in advance, your partner should not be jealous.
- Explain that you need his support.
- You can tell him the important benefits of breastfeeding.
- Tell him he won’t make bottles, so he’ll get more rest.
- Be sure to emphasize how much money he’ll save too.
- Tell him it will cost over $300-500 a month to pay for formula — money that could go to bills, savings, or a vacation.
- You can tell him that breastfeeding will give his child the best start at life, with benefits that can last well into childhood. [ Also read: Breastfeeding can help mother to bond with her baby ]
- He can help with changing and burping the baby, sharing chores and by simply sitting with you and the baby to enjoy the special mood that breastfeeding creates.
For more Breastfeeding related Questions & Answers. Please visit.