Should your partner be jealous when you breastfeed baby?
- If you prepare him in advance, your partner should not be jealous.
- Explain that you need his support.
- You can tell him the important benefits of breastfeeding.
- Tell him he won’t make bottles, so he’ll get more rest.
- Be sure to emphasize how much money he’ll save too.
- Tell him it will cost over $300-500 a month to pay for formula — money that could go to bills, savings, or a vacation.
- You can tell him that breastfeeding will give his child the best start at life, with benefits that can last well into childhood. [ Also read: Breastfeeding can help mother to bond with her baby ]
- He can help with changing and burping the baby, sharing chores and by simply sitting with you and the baby to enjoy the special mood that breastfeeding creates.