The Pros and Cons of Bottle Feeding
Read and learn more about the pros and cons of both bottle feeding and breast feeding. One of the most debated questions in parenthood techniques is bottle feeding. Many mothers (and fathers!) are wondering if it is better to breast feed or use formula and bottles and the answer is not so black and white. There have been many studies made to defend the benefits of breast feeding but there are also many advocates for bottle feeding – and it can get very confusing for new parents to make a decision when it comes to the way they will feed their newborn babies.
Advantages of Bottle Feeding
- One of the main advantages of bottle feeding is that anyone can feed the baby; so if you’re having family over and Aunt Gertrude is simply dying to feed your son or daughter, you can allow it.
- It’s also much less awkward to bottle feed in public than pull up your shirt to breast feed in front of strangers (or even people you know). [ Also read: Breastfeeding Clothing and Pumping Accessories ]
Disadvantages of Bottle Feeding
- Now the disadvantages can be listed depending on whether or not you are using formula – you can bottle your own milk if you prefer to bottle feed your child without using formula. (Worth exploring: Guidelines for Storing Breast Milk)
- Formula is artificial, as opposed to the many natural nutrients found in breast milk, which is specifically designed to be easily digested by your child. (Also read: Health benefits for Mom and baby include)
- Choosing between formula or bottled breast milk is up to you, but the superior nutrition capacity of breast milk seems to be the healthier natural choice made by many new parents.
Conclusion – What is Right for Me ?
The reason why so many individuals seem to fight to defend breastfeeding is that it is considered more natural and is a way to bond with your child. However, many studies have shown that breast feeding or bottle feeding provide the same bonding time between mother and child. So, if you want your baby to benefit from all the advantages of breast milk while still having the convenience of bottle feeding, it is highly recommend to simply bottle your own milk – it is now a big trend and many new mothers are enjoying this ultimate solution.
Final Decision – Whether to Breastfeed or Bottle feed Baby
The decision really is up to you, down the line. Don’t let your entourage try to convince you of one solution or the other; you know what is best for your child and you are responsible for this child. Whether you decide to breast feed or bottle feed breast milk or formula is entirely up to you; they are all valid options and have all proven to be effective for the growth and development of your child. The bottom line is that there will always be advocates of formula or breast milk, bottle feeding or breast feeding and there will always be a choice to be made.